Q: strut interchangeability

I have a 99 Camry LE with the 6 cylinder in it. I have a gentleman that has a pair of rear struts that came off of his 2001 Camry. His car is a 4 cylinder. Are these struts interchangeable? Thank you. Mike.

A: The rear struts may be different since one ...

The rear struts may be different since one is for the V6 and the other is for a 4 cylinder. You also have the two year difference where body changes and the underneath of the car may have changes. I would not go through all the time and effort to remove them to find out they are wrong or see that they fit but throw off the alignment. The best thing you could do is either have them examined side-by-side by a trained professional to confirm their compatibility, or to get a new set of struts that were designed for your same car's make and year. If you want to have this done, a technician from YourMechanic can source the correct part and properly replace the struts for you.