Q: Struck curb in the snow 1999 Honda Civic

I struck a curb in the snow last week. Everything seemed OK and the car was driving fine. I had a tire replacement scheduled for today and afterwards, my mechanic didn't mention any issues with the steering or suspension after mounting and balancing the new tires.

I'm worried about a busted control arm or tie rod. What are some symptoms I should look for while driving to see if it needs to be looked at more thoroughly?

Hello - unless you mentioned this incident, and the impact to that wheel or tire, the technician, may not have given the suspension on that corner of the car adequate inspection. If you did not mention this, I would go back to the this shop, or your favorite Honda service center, and tell them what happened when asking for an inspection. The curb impact could have had many different types of damage depending on how you hit the curb as well as with what force. Bent or cracked suspension components (or the wheel itself) could cause catastrophic damage later, failing while going over a bump, cornering, etc. High lateral (sideways) impact could have damaged the transmission internally. I would recommend a steering and suspension inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.)

3. Struck curb in the snow 1999 Honda Civic