Q: Strange sound coming from under the hood.

My car is making a strange sound under the hood.

A: I would recommend that you ask a mechanic t...

I would recommend that you ask a mechanic to listen to the sound. He will be able to advise you on what is making the noise and how to correct it.

Q: When cold and starting to drive, the steering is difficult to turn. Becomes normal after 20-50 yards driving.

Most of the time, power steering "morning sickness" is the result of a failing power steering rack. What usually happens, is the Teflon sealing rings on the control valve wear grooves into the rack, allowing pressure to bypass. Once the...

Q: Recline button not functioning

The switch for both seats may be defective, however they should be tested with the consult manufacurer scanner. The switches would be monitored to have the correct input to the body control module. If the input from the switches are...

Q: Cylinders 4 and 5 are misfiring - 2007 Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG

Hello. Most of the time if there is a misfire on those two cylinders it is not caused by the computer. Typically it is caused by either failing spark plugs or an internal problem. I usually start by doing a...