Q: strange smell when I start the car

When I start my car there is an odor coming from the vents. Someone mentioned it could be from the coolant?
My car's mileage is 95679 miles.

Q: Have a 2003 toyota limited highlander with 194,000 on it that has a high pitched whiny noise on start-up. Kind of like it is wound up too tight.

Normally high pitched whine sounds are due to low power steering fluid or a faulty power steering pump. I would also recommend looking for seized idler pulleys or tensioner pulley. This can also cause the type of noise that you...

Q: my 4runner has no power pulling hills?

Hi Marsha. Has the timing belt been recently serviced? If so, did the concern start after this service? The timing belt may be incorrectly set. However, if the timing belt has not been recently serviced there are other possible reasons...

Q: Check engine light on & OBD #P0171

P0171 for your car is "system too lean." The most common cause is a vacuum leak and it can come from a leaky hose or a leaky gasket. However, I did a quick search and found someone on the forums...