Q: Strange fluid under vehicle

I drove to work. I came out to go home and noticed a large puddle of some kind of fluid. It is clear and looks like it came from the axle/driveshaft.

Thanks for asking! There are very few clear fluids that are part of any of the vehicle’s hydraulic or cooling systems. Yes, water is used to some degree in the cooling system, but you did not mention overheating. There is a sweet odor that generally accompanies leaking engine coolant. If your air conditioning was running, it is likely that the puddle may have been the condensed water exiting the system through a drain commonly found on the front passenger side of the vehicle near the front drivetrain. I suggest having a mechanic, like the ones at YourMechanic, inspect all of the vehicle’s fluid levels. A very low fluid level may uncover a system leak.