Q: Strange feeling/noise under driver side/ foot rest after slamming on the brakes?

Hi, Just recently I had to slam on the brakes which i have not had to do in probably well over a year as I was cut off by this truck. I've been driving for over 30-years and this noise/bump totally caught me off guard. When I slammed on the brakes, it felt as if something flipped up and banged the undercarriage, under my feet (driver side), I felt a bang or thud. It does not happen when I brake normally, either softly or aggressively in traffic. Any possible idea of what could cause that sensation?

3. Strange feeling/noise under driver side/ foot rest after slamming on the brakes?