Q: Stops when check engine light is on

Check engine lights when ignition is turned on after a few sec. I will off, that's the time I start the engine. then back again the light that causes the engine stop. Again. what should I do. thanks in advance. I My car has a manual transmission.

Hello. If your Check Engine Light is coming on after you start the engine, then the computer has detected an issue with the vehicle’s engine management or emissions system. Your particular model of vehicle uses an OBD-I computer, meaning that a regular scan tool will not work to retrieve the codes without an adapter. The computer can be put into a self diagnostic mode, however, this requires jumping certain pins in the harness. If you are not experienced with diagnosing engine management systems, I would recommend having a professional technician inspect the Check Engine Light for you.

3. Stops when check engine light is on