Q: Stops dead while driving

My wrangler has about 62,500 miles on it. It just stops dead while I am driving no matter what speed I am going. It only happened on occasion at first, but now it happens every time I drive. When I turned the ignition off it use to start right back up . But now I have to pull over and try to start it many times. It turns on right away just about every time, but with zero rmps. It sputters out like there is no fuel. It starts up normally after a while. Then when I accelerate the fuel gauge drops to empty even on a full tank of gas and the check engine lights come on. I didn't get any error codes. I even hooked up a shop computer to check and there were no error codes. The dealership couldn’t find anything wrong with it either because it’s an intermittent problem. I put in a new crankshaft position sensor, camshaft position sensor and a new fuel pump assembly since this all started. I have also cleaned the IAC - the whole throttle body and a new starter. Maybe it’s an electrical problem with the power-train control module. I have been testing different wires with my multi-meter, and so far everything is fine. Do you have any ideas?

A: Hi there. You could have a fuel pump going ...

Hi there. You could have a fuel pump going bad or a dirty mass airflow sensor. I suggest checking the fuel pressure of the vehicle to determine if the engine is receiving the proper fuel amounts. Inspect the mass airflow sensor visually for excessive deposits. Monitoring the live data of the mass airflow sensor with a scan tool while the vehicle is running should be very insightful as well. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will easily be able to provide these diagnostic tests for your stalling issue.