Q: Stock alarm goes off every 2 days - 1996 Nissan 300ZX

My car’s stock alarm keeps going off for no reason, every other day. My car has 210,000 miles. I assumed that it’s the battery, so I had it checked at a local auto store and yes, it was a bad battery. So, I purchased a new battery and installed it. But the alarm is still going off! What else should I look for that would explain why the alarm won’t quit going off?

Hello, thanks for writing in. There are a few parts associated with the alarm that could be the issue. If the alarm is being triggered by the key you may want to look into the key lock itself, which will send a signal to the alarms module to turn off. If this is the case, look into the entrance control module, and the door cylinder switch. If this is happening with a key fob, you will want to check the receiver for the fob and the battery on the fob itself. If there has been any damages or wrecks involving the vehicle you may want to look and see what else could have been damaged in that area as well. If you’d like to have these parts checked for you, or are still experiencing problems, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your stock alarm issue and make the necessary repair.

3. Stock alarm goes off every 2 days - 1996 Nissan 300ZX