Q: Stiff brakes, cannot be pressed - 1997 Suzuki Sidekick

My car has ABS and lately I've been having problems with the brakes. When I'm driving and need to decelerate, the brakes become so stiff that I'm unable to press it. They keep getting stuck. I'm unable to drive as this is a major safety problem. What could be making them stuck like this?

Hello. You should check to see if the brake booster is getting good vacuum to the brake booster. Check the vacuum line from booster to the engine and see if it is collapsed or soft where it can collapse. You may have a bad hose. Since this is an unsafe condition, have a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the brake problem for you at your home or office.