Q: Stereo system wiring

The taillight reflector panel is broken, and the lamp is functioning. Also, there seems to be a problem with the stereo system wiring/electrical system. The speakers are giving off a noise.

A: Hi! If the reflector is broken it would be ...

Hi! If the reflector is broken it would be best to have a technician inspect it to see exactly which part is broken. Usually a broken tail light will have to be replaced but at times they can be repaired. A visual inspection from a technician would determine wether it could be fixed.

The stereo hiss will be best diagnosed by a stereo installation shop, such as Best Buy, as there are many things that will cause a stereo hiss in radio’s (especially aftermarket). If you do have an aftermarket stereo system in your Accord, there has been an issue Honda has begun investigating. Some late model owners have reported a hissing sound after installing a radio. It is believed that the sound has to do with an interference caused aftermarket radios between the hands free link and the noise cancelling microphone. Unfortunately the root of this issue has not yet been resolved by Honda.