Q: Stereo is weak and too quiet, screen died

I don’t understand how a brand new 2014 GMC Sierra, that was NOT cheap, can have so many issues with the radio. The touch screen died recently but before that, the radio had terrible reception and would randomly reset and turn off. I thought the radio was weak even when I test drove it, but I figured that there's no harm since I don’t play music that loud. Now I am at 9,000 miles, realizing I may have made a mistake. What kind of issue am I having here?

In your description, you have multiple complaints. I looked into this year truck and radio concerns and found over twenty technical service bulletins (TSB) that could pertain to your issues. I am not going to list all them, but will summarize that your vehicle is under basic factory warranty and your dealer will have over twenty TSB to fix your issue. Most are reprogramming the radio and checking connectors to the radio and other modules. I recommend you take the truck to a local dealer and have them fix the issue and also check and address any recalls while you are there.

3. Stereo is weak and too quiet, screen died