Q: Steering wheel vibration - 1991 Mercedes-Benz 560SEL

When I drive, there is vibration in the steering wheel. It occurs only when I'm braking. The slight shaking is noticable also at 75-85 mph range. At speeds higher than that, the vibration disappears. How can I fix this?

A: Hello. The problem you are having is due to...

Hello. The problem you are having is due to warped rotors. When the surface of your rotors becomes uneven, they will cause a vibration during braking and at higher speeds. Have a certified technician, inspect the brakes and perform a test drive in order to properly diagnose and repair your problem.