Q: steering wheel vibrates at a certain speed range

Steering wheel vibrates at around 100km/hr, but not at higher or lower speeds. I have different brand name front and rear tires, will that cause the problem ? Also, if I unlocked the door using the key remotely, and at the same time open all four windows automatically using the key, then the 'battery' light turns 'on' as if it is dying or not charging after I started the car and ran it for a little while. Are these two problems related ?

Hi there:

Steering wheel vibration and battery or electronic issues are usually not related, so you’re OK there. In regards to the shaking above 100 km/hr issue, that’s usually caused by poor wheel / tire balance. As long as the tires on the same axle are the same brand, tread design, and speed ratings, that should not impact the front end vibration at all. Try taking your car to a tire mechanic and ask them to complete a tire/wheel balance check for both front tires. This should clear up your issues; otherwise you may have loose or damaged front end components that will need to be replaced. If you would like help, an expert from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your vibrating steering wheel problems.