Q: Steering wheel replaced, but it's not centered

The steering wheel in my car was just replaced, but it’s not centered. I researched online and found that this can be caused by needing an alignment or caused by worn front end parts. Do you agree with this possible solution - to get an alignment for the steering wheel?

The alignment of the steering wheel depends on quite a few things. Possible causes for the steering wheel being off center are the alignment, or the steering shaft itself.The steering wheel may be centered onto the shaft properly, but if the alignment is off it will not be straight. If you want to have this checked, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to inspect your steering wheel and perform the appropriate repairs.

3. Steering wheel replaced, but it's not centered