Q: Q: Steering wheel noise

When the engine is turned on or off, the steering wheel returns to its default position. As it does this, it makes a noise like it's rubbing and needs lubrication.

Hi there. This comes up quite often on this vehicle. It is caused by a failing column adjusting motor. As the motor and gears start to fail the become stripped and make this noise. They will typically work for a while before they won’t move the column at all. I would typically locate which motor is making the noise and remove it and inspect it for wear. If the motors are good then the column itself may have an issue and may need to be replaced.

3. Q: Steering wheel noise