Q: Steering wheel locking

When I turn a corner it's hard to turn my wheel.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: If you have power steering then you may hav...

If you have power steering then you may have a leak causing the power steering to be hard. The pressure line is the most common leak. If you do not have any leaks and the fluid is full then the power steering pump may not be producing pressure or the rack and pinion control valve may be bad.

If the problem only happens turning one direction then the steering rack is bad and needs to be replaced. The power steering pump may need to be pressure tested to see if it is bad, and if the problem is in both directions, to see if the pump or steering rack is bad. Have a mechanic diagnose the steering issue for you.