Q: steering wheel locked

When I tried to start my truck today, the key wouldn't turn and the steering wheel was locked. I parked it with the wheels turned completely to the left. I finally got it to start, but the steering wheel is still locked. I don't know what to do other than open up the column, but I don't know what to look for once I do. Please help?

The steering got locked as it should when you turn off the key, but the problem was that you had the steering turned away from center. When the key is turned off the steering tries to come back toward the center and binds the wheel lock.

In order to get it unlocked, you will need to turn the wheel in the direction they are turned now to relieve the pressure on the lock pin so the key can be turned. If it still cannot come unlocked, and you turned the key, then you may have broke something in the steering. If this is the case, I recommend having a qualified mechanic check your steering wheel to see what broke.