Q: Q: Steering wheel locked up

Steering wheel locked i think its a security system issue like i need to put in some kind of code. The car starts and goes but steering wont move. Tried to rock steering wheel back and forth. Tried puting into nuetral and back into park while turning the wheel . But the wheel wont move

If it was security related the vehicle would not even start. The problem is likely the physical lock mechanism itself and/or the link with the ignition switch. This problem has been reported for this year, make and model before and there is a repair technique that involves drilling out the switch, and using a variety of tools in order to both free the column and remove and ultimately replace the ignition switch. Although this won’t provide a long term fix, and you have probably tried it, try moving the wheel from side to side while manipulating the key. For a diagnostic and permanent repair, please request a stuck key/column lock malfunction diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. Q: Steering wheel locked up