Q: Steering wheel is tightening up when I try to turn it to the left.

In August 2015 I was having a hard time turning my steering wheel which led me to book an appointment with YourMechanic. I had the power steering pump and hose, as well as steering rack/gearbox, and tie rod ends replaced and the problem was temporarily fixed. Now my car's steering wheel is again tightening up when I try to turn it to the left only. The repairs from August are still under warranty and I would like someone to come out and repair my car if it's the same issue I had repaired previously.

Sounds like you might be having an issue with the rack and pinion. There are valves that direct hydraulic fluid pressure to the appropriate side of the rack to help you steer. If one of those valves malfunctions, a problem much like what you are describing occurs. The malfunction could be in the valve itself or possibly some debris that worked itself in there and clogged the valve. If the work is still under warranty, call our customer service line at 1-800-701-6230 or e-mail us at hi@yourmechanic.com. We have also notified our customer service team about this and will have them reach out to you shortly. They will be able to assist you in scheduling an inspection to properly diagnose the issue.