Q: Steering wheel high pressure hose

I just changed my steering wheel pressure hose but it still leaking from the connection all the way inside the car why?

A: Hello, thanks for writing in about your 200...

Hello, thanks for writing in about your 2003 Volkswagen Golf. I am going to assume you are referring to the power steering high pressure hose. There isn't any power steering components in the cab of your car. If there is a leak in the cab, it could only be coolant.

If there is a leak at a connection, it needs to be disconnected and thoroughly inspected. The high pressure connection has a copper washer on the top and the bottom. They should both be replaced when the hose was replaced. The power steering hoses are also connected to the power steering rack. These connection can either use an o-ring on each line or a compression fitting. The o-rings should be replaced when the lines are. If it has a compression fitting, you will need to make sure it wasn't damaged on installation. Have a certified professional from YourMechanic diagnose any power steering fluid leaks and perform any needed repairs.