Q: Steering wheel hard to turn at times

The steering is hard to turn left and right to park, but driving is fine. Also, the trunk does not open anymore. It is too heavy to lift manually.

Hello. When the steering becomes hard to turn at slow speeds then it is typically caused by a bad hydraulic pump, which would need to be replaced. However, I would first check the fluid in it as low fluid will also cause this and it also indicates a leak of the power steering fluid. As for the trunk, the most common cause of it no longer working is a computer programming issue. The computer typically needs to be reprogrammed to repair it. If the programming is fine then the lift motor or contact sensors have failed. A mechanic would need to install a factory scan tool to it to see if there are any codes pertaining the the problem.

3. Steering wheel hard to turn at times