Q: Steering wheel goes right when the car is started

I have a problem with the steering wheel in my car, which starts turning to the right when the car is started. The steering board has been replaced but to no avail. What could be causing this?

Hello. Your Toyota Venza is equipped with an electric rack and pinion. The rack and pinion is moved by the steering wheel, which moves the tires to the right and/or left. If the electric rack and pinion is faulty, or has low voltage, it may cause the steering wheel to turn to the right when the car is started. The number one reason for low voltage in an electric rack and pinion, is a problem in the electric/charging system. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and inspect the system in order to properly diagnose your steering wheel problem and make the necessary repair.