Q: Steering wheel and reverse issue.

My car, it was parked. Then I went and moved the shift to reverse and the car moved forward. I tried moving the steering wheel, and now it is locked. What should I do?

Hello - your symptoms describe problems with the shift linkage; either the shifter cable, or the shifter interlock components. Worn components or a failure of the interlock, are preventing recognition of the electronics that you are in Park or Neutral, and release of the steering wheel. I recommend a shifter inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.