Q: Steering wheel and reverse issue.

My car, it was parked. Then I went and moved the shift to reverse and the car moved forward. I tried moving the steering wheel, and now it is locked. What should I do?

Hello - your symptoms describe problems with the shift linkage; either the shifter cable, or the shifter interlock components. Worn components or a failure of the interlock, are preventing recognition of the electronics that you are in Park or Neutral, and release of the steering wheel. I recommend a shifter inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Steering wheel and reverse issue.