Q: Steering wheel and driver's seat cannot move

The engine runs for a while after the ignition is turned off. When the engine is still running, I've noticed that the steering wheel and the driver's seat malfunction. Then, I wouldn't be able to move them at all. What might cause this?

A: Hello. If the car stays running when the ke...

Hello. If the car stays running when the key is shut off, this is an indication that there may be a problem with your ignition switch. When this happens, electrical current is still getting to the steering wheels and seat when it shouldn’t. I would recommend that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and replace your ignition switch for you in order to have this addressed.