Q: Why does my truck wander when driving down the street 1990 GMC C2500

I have had a 6 inch lift put on my truck professionally recently, I have replaced ball joints, tie rod ends, sleeves, idler arm, pitman arm, steering gear, and power steering pump. I still run the factory sizero tires 265/75/r16 and my steering jumps back and forth and is very squirmy going down the road. It has been in the alignment shop 6 times with no avail.is there a certain degree that the pitman arm should be before adjusting tie rods or is there something else it could be. It did the same thing before the lift

Hello. You need to start by having the bushings in the control arms checked. If the bushings are cracked or stretched then this will occur. If the bushings are fine then you may have an issue with the pitman arm being at the wrong angle. When this truck is lifted this high the center drag link needs to be lowered by using a dropped pitman and idler arm. The shop that did the lift should be able to do this for you.

• Why does my truck wander when driving down the street 1990 GMC C2500