Q: Steering issues while driving after car shuts off.

My car shuts off while driving and I lose the ability to steer.

It is most certainly concerning to have your car shut off while in motion, but even more so when you also cannot steer! There are actually many reasons why your Toyota Avalon shuts off while driving, and while I can touch on such issues as a clogged Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve, a dirty throttle body, a failing ignition switch or even bad ground connections, this is something that is best brought to a certified mechanic of your choice for diagnosis. As you can see, there are a lot of components that need to function properly, and a lot of parts that may fail. Enlisting the help of a certified automotive technician to inspect your steering system will allow your Avalon to be inspected by a professional who has the knowledge and experience to properly diagnose the cause behind your Avalon shutting off.

3. Steering issues while driving after car shuts off.