Q: Steering feels very loose.

2000 Sienna started to get very loose steering.Specially when I'm on the freeway

A: Hi there. When did this condition begin to ...

Hi there. When did this condition begin to occur? Are the correct size tire, properly inflated, installed? It sounds like there may be worn bushings that are allowing movement when you attempt to steer the vehicle. These could be control arm or steering rack bushings. A visual inspection may uncover which bushings are worn and allowing the excessive movement. Then we need to determine if it is simply wear or has there been a fluid leaking on the bushing causing them to deteriorate. Again, the visual inspection will uncover this condition if this is the case. An inspection of the steering intermediate shaft may reveal some wear that could cause the loose feeling. Is there any noise when turning the steering wheel? If the intermediate shaft is worn it will cause a knock type noise and feeling while turning, especially during slow turns when it gets stressed the most. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a steering wheel feels loose inspection.