Q: Steering column button an program quit working

The button that controls the steering column quit working in my car. I have a previously programed seat position but even that stopped working so I can't move the steering column. I'm not sure why this happened. Is it possible that some fuse has gone bad? Is it more serious?

Hello there. This is not an uncommon fault on the 2011 BMW 535i. There are quite a few possible faults for this type of issue. The most common would be a wiring harness fault, a shorted wire, a failed position memory computer, or a steering column motor failure. It is likely that this is not simply a fuse. When a fuse blows it is due to the circuit drawing too much power or a power spike, which indicates a more involved issue. Faults that affect multiple systems are generally caused by shorted wiring, shared computers, or other wiring harness faults. Have a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic diagnose the steering issue to come up with the appropriate fix.