Q: Steering

I had my 2 front tires replaced recently (about 3 weeks ago). Now, at random there's a jerk or twitch on the steering. Is that an alignment issue? I am driving Hyundai Trajet 2.0L

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. Anytime you have...

Hi, thanks for writing in. Anytime you have new tires installed, it tends to display any issues with steering or suspension components. If the vehicle is jerking or twitching in the steering, it could be caused by an alignment issue; which is why it’s recommended to always have the front end alignment adjusted anytime you install new tires on the front end. However, different tread patterns may also ride uniquely on different roads. If you’re noticing this issue while driving on concrete roads, bridges or overpasses for example; but not on asphalt, then it could be the tires themselves. I recommend having the front end suspension aligned or inspected as soon as possible anyway to reduce the potential of premature tread wear.