Q: starts up great...as soon as it warms up in about 8-10 mins it will stall. Must cool down before it can start again.

2005 Mazda RX8, 1.3 engine, automatic...about 100,000 miles... So many parts have been recently changed hoping to solve stalling problem. The problem is very consistent...will stall every time. After starting car, it revs great, idles smooth, no miss-fires...and when it warms and rpms drop down to 800-900 it'll get ready to stall soon. I can have it stay on longer by holding up the rpms...but it has stalled even holding the rpms up.

My guess, when something in the engine gets hot (normal operating temp) it seems to be giving the computer wrong information... Now, I know the "throttle body" is electronic and I see coolant lines passing through it...?? And, the BAP (Barometric Air Pressure) is still original... Any known familiar experiences?? Please help me...I don't have the money to just drop it off at the Mazda dealer.

Recent parts replaced: Upstream 02 sensor, spark plugs, ignition coils, air filter, engine coolant temp sensor, replaced any and all vacuum lines.

A: Hi there: In most cases, the issue you’re ...

Hi there:

In most cases, the issue you’re describing is caused by a fuel and air mixture issue that is caused by either the idle control valve, EGR valve or the mass airflow sensor on your 2005 Mazda RX8. As the engine warms, the ECU receives data from multiple sensors and adjusts fuel / air trim to ensure it’s as efficient as possible. Any of the above components may be sending inaccurate data to the ECU as you’ve indicated. The best way to know for certain is to let the mechanic come to you. Contact a professional mobile mechanic from our team to complete a car is stalling inspection. This will save you money and time in trying to diagnose the problem, so the right repairs can be made.