Q: Starts but does not run for very long

Car starts sometimes then idles very high, drives a little sometimes other times cuts out as soon as put it into drive, strong smell of fuel running rich and rough

A: I would recommend checking and cleaning you...

I would recommend checking and cleaning your mass air flow sensor as this can cause a lean or rich fuel mixture when not working properly. With this happening, there should be a Check Engine Light on that would have registered some fault code(s) in your car’s computer which should be downloaded. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the rough idling and download these codes to determine the problem and make necessary repairs.