Q: Starts but does not run for very long

Car starts sometimes then idles very high, drives a little sometimes other times cuts out as soon as put it into drive, strong smell of fuel running rich and rough

I would recommend checking and cleaning your mass air flow sensor as this can cause a lean or rich fuel mixture when not working properly. With this happening, there should be a Check Engine Light on that would have registered some fault code(s) in your car’s computer which should be downloaded. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the rough idling and download these codes to determine the problem and make necessary repairs.

3. Starts but does not run for very long