Q: Starting slow

Can hear something starting to spin slowly then stops starts again and eventually starts. Then it smells like foul eggs inside of car. First it was worse when when it is cold or the car sat for several hours, now it is more frequent.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The first thing we need to determine is if the slow crank is due to an engine issue or if the starter is running slow. As a starter fails, it may produce a slow crank while it dies out. The engine has to be turned at a certain speed in order for the combustion cycle to start and the engine to run on its own. If the starter is not producing enough speed, this engine wont start. The smell may be coming from those combustion cycles attempting to start and the fuel and air mix not burning completely. These symptoms and the smell can also be caused by a fuel or exhaust issue. If the starter is not your problem, turn to checking the fuel pressure regulator and the rest of the fuel system. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Starting slow