Q: Q: Starting problems

In August 2015 I had the battery and starter replaced. Recently had problems with the car starting and there was a clicking sound under the hood. Took back to Goodyear auto service center and they replaced the starter under warranty. The car still will not start and there is a knocking noise coming from under the dashboard. The headlights and dashboard lights are bright. Any ideas?

If the starter is not "energized", that is turning the engine over, you have to first determine if the starter is getting power or if perhaps there is too much resistance in the circuit due to a poor ground or corroded connections. Even a new starter motor is useless unless the wiring to the starter is in good condition. If the starter is turning the engine over but the car still doesn’t start and "run", you have either an ignition system or fuel delivery problem or possibly both. Since you can’t get the car started, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home to diagnose your starting issue firsthand for an accurate repair.

3. Q: Starting problems