Q: Starting problems after driving it for awhile.

Hello, My Sienna 09 runs very good on highway even over 70 miles/hr. Has lots of power. Unfortunately, when I park it going shopping or so, the car won't start. So I had to wait 15 or 20 minutes and it started again with no problem. One time, I drove it for an hour and half in traffic and it started jurking like if it's gonna shuts of, but it never did. Could it be Efi relay. I switched fuel pump relay once but nothing happened but never tried Efi relay or others. By the way, I cleaned the intake manifold and the MAF was cleaned and performing very well. Sometimes fuel pump dosen't make the sound" the click" Thank you.

A: Hi there. This could be a heat related issu...

Hi there. This could be a heat related issue, but without scan tool data there is no sure way to determine. I understand about cleaning the intake, but why was the MAF cleaned? A code check may lead us in the right direction if there are any current, history, or pending stored. However, you could simply have a battery failing. If the battery has a bad cell, it could produce any number of symptoms. Also, there have been incidents where one of the battery plates becomes loose and make contact with one of the other plates essentially shorting the electrical system and produce the jerking or bucking you experienced. Have the battery tested with a digital battery tester that provides current voltage, cold cranking amps, and state of health; replace as necessary. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several technicians available that can assist you with a car is bucking inspection.