Q: Starting problem on hot days

If it's a hot day and when the car has been running up to temperature, it will not start unless it's cooled down for awhile. Battery is new, alternator is fine.

Hello. If the car will not start when it is hot then it can be caused by a few things. If the engine will not crank when this occurs it is typically caused by a failing starter. This is a common issue. If the engine cranks and it will not start then it may be a bad shut down relay or a fuel pump relay. It can also be an ignition switch when this occurs.

I usually start by checking to see if the fuel pump is coming on and also checking the power at the fuse box to see what the vehicle is lacking. If you need to have this looked at, consider getting help from a certified mechanic who can come to your home or office to diagnose this starting issue.

3. Starting problem on hot days