Q: Starting issue in the Morning

Hi my issue is when I start my car in the morning. It start and shuts off immediately unless I give it full acceleration. This didn't happen before, it started smoothly. Ive got its carburetor cleaned, oil changed. It's like the car isn't getting enough petrol to the engine, is there a valve to increase the amount of fuel going to the engine. The car is a 2008 Suzuki Mehran. I just want it to start smoothly first time. Also when driving it feels like it's not getting enough fuel to the engine.

As a general rule, car engines do not like cold weather and do not do operate as well in cold weather. When you start your car in the morning and turn the key to on, the coolant temperature sensor immediately reads the temperature of the coolant and relays this to the computer indicating that the coolant is cold. The computer then knows at this point that it needs to enrich (add more fuel) the air/fuel mixture at startup due to the change in air density. When you start the car, you will notice that it idles high for a period of time until the engine warms up. This is the enrichment cold start process. This is done with what is called a cold start injector which injects more fuel into the motor until the engine reaches a specific operating temperature. The computer simply feeds a little extra gas through the fuel injectors to start the engine and then maintains a certain amount of fuel supply to the motor until it is warm. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle and diagnose your cold start issue.