Q: Starting issue

When I turn the ignition it doesn't crank or turn over but lights and radio come on fine with no dim, I've changed the start or solenoid cleaned battery terminals tried jumping the car I don't know how to get it started or why it won't start, there's no crank at all when turning key just clicks

Hi There, What you are describing generally is caused by a weak battery or a faulty starter solenoid. If the re is a rapid click, this is likely a dead battery. Depending on whether you changed the starter or the solenoid (these are separate), this may be related to a faulty starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starter.