Q: Q: Starting

Have a modified Toyota pickup, was fuel injected now has a carburetor. When cold weather, 40 degrees or below, will start run for 20 seconds or so, then die out and will not start again. Later when weather warms up, 40 degrees or above, starts right up and runs great. It has a webber carburetor, I don't believe it has a computer.

Hi there. We typically do not offer repair or maintenance on aftermarket part upgrades or modifications. However, in this case, it is very likely that your issue is caused by a restriction of fuel inside the fuel lines when it gets cold. One item that is often overlooked when swapping from fuel injection to a Webber-style carburetor is the fuel pump. In general, a fuel injection system typically has higher fuel pressure than a carburetor. When it gets cold, fuel will generally flow back to the tank, which makes the initial priming of gasoline difficult. Sometimes installing a fuel pressure regulator close to the fuel filter will help improve fuel pressure to the carb and help to improve this problem. In other cases however, the problem can be with squirter’s on the Carburetor being clogged; which also can cause the starting issue. You might want to search online for Toyota owner forums that address similar modifications as yours to seek their advice.