Q: Starter turning but motor is not turning starter sounds funny.. was told timing chain and gears.

Car is a 2008 Acadia it stalled when getting off expressway .... went to start back up starter turns but motor doesn't .. I thought bad starter because starter sounds funny. Was told timing chain and gears...not sure want to know how to know for sure .stranded out of state

Hello there, there are a few different faults that could cause your 2008 GMC Acadia to stall and not restart. It is possible a failing timing chain or timing gear could cause your engine to not restart like this. The most common would be a fuel pump, coil, throttle body, wiring harness fault, or flywheel. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your engine noise and make any repairs required.

3. Starter turning but motor is not turning starter sounds funny.. was told timing chain and gears.