Q: Starter turning but motor is not turning starter sounds funny.. was told timing chain and gears.

Car is a 2008 Acadia it stalled when getting off expressway .... went to start back up starter turns but motor doesn't .. I thought bad starter because starter sounds funny. Was told timing chain and gears...not sure want to know how to know for sure .stranded out of state

A: Hello there, there are a few different faul...

Hello there, there are a few different faults that could cause your 2008 GMC Acadia to stall and not restart. It is possible a failing timing chain or timing gear could cause your engine to not restart like this. The most common would be a fuel pump, coil, throttle body, wiring harness fault, or flywheel. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your engine noise and make any repairs required.