Q: Starter solinoid

I went to turn the key. And all I hear is a click coming from the starter area. I popped the hood to check he battery connection an that's all good. It was doing it this morning but then I finally got it started by turning the key a bunch of times. It was fine all day and now I just got off of work and it's doing it again. But this time it's not thinking about starting. What could it be?

Hi There, You may be correct in that you may have a faulty starter solenoid. As you may know, electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. This may also happen when the battery is simply too weak to turn the motor over when attempting to start the motor. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starter.