Q: Starter or electrical problems

My car will not jump start at all. Has been smelling like peroxide coming from my vents

A: Hello, thanks for writing in. If your vehic...

Hello, thanks for writing in. If your vehicle will not jump start and is emitting a chemical smell from the vents, then it may be possible that the battery is bad. An old or worn battery, or one where the acid or cells have depleted, may not be able to hold a charge properly, sometimes to the point of not being able to conduct electricity. I would test the battery to make sure that it is charged and in good order, and go from there. If you would like further help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.