Q: Starter or cables

Husband drove car, lights were left on all night ,started car next morning nothing.took to car service shop tested battery and jumped the car and nothing they say diagnostic test said starter.but what about the battery cables being looked at and this job will cost about 500.00 for the starter. Dealer shop said go with us who sees this problems all the time better safe than sorry (to sum up) because the have the accurate equipment

A: It is quite possible this may just simply b...

It is quite possible this may just simply be a dead battery. The starter typically will give some kind of warning sign prior to completely failing out of nowhere. In some cases this is also misdiagnosed as a failing alternator or potentially a starter relay (this is often times noticeable by a clicking sound when trying to start it) I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your no start issue to provide a second opinion.