Q: Starter needs to be replaced

My car will not start or turn over. I have a year old alternator and it was confirmed that the battery can still hold a charge, but the car won't start even if it is jumped. The starter was suggested as potentially being the problem.

I would have the battery load tested. A battery may have voltage on it but has no cranking amps left on it. If the battery comes back good then I would look at the starter. If you hear a click but the engine won’t turn over then more than likely it is the starter. I would recommend having a certified technician come out and test the battery and have the starter replaced if necessary.