Q: Starter Motor

I need to replace the starter motor on my 1994 Rav 4. Automatic. Engine number, 3S-FE. My question is are starter motors the Same on Manual & Automatic. Thanks

In most cases the starters for automatic and manual transmissions are different, as the transmission themselves, are often times mounted on are different. So it is likely that the parts are different. When sourcing a replacement starter I would simply specify your vehicle’s drivetrain, or find one that is noted to fit manual transmission equipped models. If you need further assistance replacing your starter, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office.

3. Starter Motor