Q: Starter issues with my car in cold weather.

My car makes a noise upon startup in below freezing temperatures. Sounds like the starter is not releasing properly.

A: Hello, Being that the noise only happens be...

Hello, Being that the noise only happens below freezing, you should record it for a second opinion. If you believe that the starter is staying engaged, then you might need a starter motor. Note that with extremely cold temperatures cars react differently and that little hiccup would be normal. If it is a starter it would be a good idea to replace it, so the starter ring gear doesn’t get damaged.

Recommended services
Get a Quote