Q: Starter fuel pump noise

My car won't start. When I turn the key I hear the fuel pump but nothing else. The dashboard lights say Restricted Performance. I got everything connected back up, but the starter still won't work. I just replaced the valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, fuel injectors, spark igniters and a new battery. Do you know why my car won't start?

Hello there, many different faults can be causing your 2000 Jaguar Vanden Plas to not start. The most common issue that could still cause this is a bad battery. But since you said you already had that changed, other possible causes could be the battery cables, fuel filter, ignition switch, starter, fuel pump or a wiring fault. Double check previous repairs to make sure they were done correctly. If you need further help, have a qualified technician, such as pen from YourMechanic, come to your car’s location to diagnose the starting issue and make the appropriate repairs.

3. Starter fuel pump noise