Q: Starter broken

The car won't start. The battery is okay. I think the starter might not work.

If your car cranks you can check off battery and starter, they work. If on the other hand the starter clicks and wont turn the engine at all, I would suspect either starter or battery until they can be verified to be working as intended. I would recommend having a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to do a complete diagnosis to find the problem. There have been a few instances where I’ve looked at cars with bad starters that would kill batteries due to the amount of amps required to keep it going.