Q: Starred to sputter then died, smell gas on dip stcick, had a knocking

Smell gas in oil

The information provided for your Chevy Impala is limited, making it challenging to assist you with your concern. Engine knocks and contaminated oil are red flags that something is potentially seriously wrong with the engine.

There are a few reasons why an engine would knock, including lack of oil pressure due to low, dirty, or contaminated oil. The engine could also be misfiring with one or more fuel injectors becoming stuck open, flooding the engine with fuel, resulting in your vehicle flooding out and dying. It is also possible the fuel pump may of stopped working entirely.

Because there appears to be a lot going on with your Impala, I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic to come by and diagnose your no start condition and assist you with the repairs needed to get your Impala up and running again.

• Starred to sputter then died, smell gas on dip stcick, had a knocking