Q: Stalls starting driving turning. 1992 Chrysler New Yorker

I have a car that stalls when I’m trying to start it. It usually starts up fine after the third time. But when I put it in park it always starts right up. Sometimes the car will suddenly stop dead while driving in traffic or turning in traffic. Do you know how I can fix these problems?

Hey there, thanks for writing in. It sounds to me like you have a fuel pressure leaking fuel pressure after you shut it off. This can be from the fuel pump or pressure regulator. Have the pressure tested to see if the pump regulator needs to be replaced. The stalling at idle on turns may be due to dirty idle control valve or throttle body causing the idle to go too low when you decelerate to go into a turn or in traffic. If you need help having this fixed, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can diagnose and repair your stalling issue.

3. Stalls starting driving turning. 1992 Chrysler New Yorker